Thursday, February 5, 2015

Throwback Thursday #tbt

In late summer 2009, when my son, CJ, was just a few weeks shy of his 8th birthday, we set out together on a warm, humid day to explore the rural areas of Delaware County, Ohio to see the sights and to take pictures. At the time, he was getting curious about Mom’s camera collection and wanted to play with them. I was looking to get some inspiration to take some more photographs, and I thought, sure, why not, take him along. I had just purchased my first Digital SLR so I wasn’t using film at all, so I lent him my Pentax 35mm, a few rolls of Kodak 200 speed and off we went together. 

I think back to that day and I think I must have been a little crazy to have brought my son to my photo exploration because we really (literally) got into the weeds by parking the car along a busy highway to take pictures of a creepy abandoned motel and vacant barns, walking through high grasses and all. We had even trespassed some private property at one point! We had drove off the property in a flurry when we saw the private property signs and laughed about it all. I could say that maybe it wasn’t my best moment of motherhood, not the best shining example of safety for my son, but really, it was one of the most memorable days that I will ever remember with him. 

And believe it or not he survived without a scratch. 


Here are some of the photographs from the day. 






No comments: