Wednesday, April 29, 2009

New loot

So I've been busy crafting some new things to add to the shop. During the last craft show I did, my friend Alissa was chatting with her show neighbor Spacedog Studios, about Etsy. We all have Etsy sites and wondered how her traffic was and how she generates sales. She says one thing she does is try to post a new thing everyday. I've been trying to do that, as I have lots of stuff on the "new product list" in my back pocket, and it's a matter of getting ideas on paper or tile or wood or whatever the medium calls for. I've gotten the best feedback so far on the coasters I've made, so I added some new designs.

My first new set was actually requisitioned by my friend Alissa. She wanted a set of coasters with a sewing theme, and wanted her grandmother's old Singer machine as one of the images. So with that, and other vintage images I was able to gather, Voila! The sewing coasters were done and delivered, and henceforth uploaded to the site for sale as well.


The next new set of coasters are for train enthusiasts. My husband is a collector of many things, and happens to have old matchbooks and buttons of all sorts. His grandfather was a train conductor for Chesapeake and Ohio, so he also happens to have some train memorabilia. So, I designed some coasters with these old train company logos. I think they turned out neat!

And then my son was gracious enough --- or should I say enough of a ham --- to pose for me in the new children's t-shirt, designed with an old Howard Johnson's children's menu. A throwback to old 60s design, this menu was made in 1965 and colored in totally retro teal and orange. Printed on a white t-shirt with black trim, it is totally cute and adorable.


Oh, and if you're feeling crafty, feel free to check the archives for the how-to on how to print on the tiles. They make great gifts!

1 comment: