Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Pure Revelry

Lots of happenings around "the house" these past few days. Grandma Revelry was in town for CJ's 8th birthday celebration, which seemed to go on the whole weekend between a dinner at Buca di Beppo's, a movie outing, playing with friends, cake, and lots of great gifts spread over both days. Time for the business kind of stopped over the weekend, and now today is full of catching up on things I missed.

So for business news, I'm currently running a marathon. Lots of craft shows coming up means lots of inventory to prepare, internet orders are steady, and two business client orders make up a variety of work. I'm really excited for this holiday season coming up. A bit anxious about needing to be prepared enough with plenty of inventory, because I want to really make the most of the opportunity. Back several years ago, when my business was mainly focused on invitations, my busy time was "wedding season"... which meant late winter/early spring for summer weddings, and mid summer for fall weddings. I was formerly pretty slow around the holidays. But this year is much different, and so the pace is something I need to embrace.

So, I'm going broke trying out 4 craft shows from October through December, and I'm kicking off the craft show holiday season with Craftin' Outlaws on October 17th. I'm so excited to be a part of this fabulous show. This is definitely not a typical craft show, and I'll have to refrain myself from not spending any profits I hope to make that day as a vendor!

Make sure to come see me there, because everyone who does, gets a free one of these!



Here's to profits this holiday season! (crossing fingers and toes)

1 comment:

Heather said...

Wishing you continued success!