Saturday, August 1, 2009

Stay for the Buffe

I was back in the motherland again---Zanesville, for those who are not familiar with my posts about my parent's hometown---for a family reunion this time. After a long day of catching up with relatives I hadn't seen in years, my mom, me and the kids were exploring the downtown searching for this old paddle boat that I used to ride on when I was a kid. It's called "The Lorena". I loved riding that boat when I was a kid. Me, a Jersey shore kid, and I thought this paddle boat going down the Muskingham River was the coolest thing.

Anyway, a short walk from the Lorena was a little area of shops and a small train-car themed restaurant. And it gave me yet another classic shot of Zanesville:

4 comments:

Heather said...

Perhaps it's for vampires?

mayberry said...

Mmmmm, mash pot. I'll take a box-full!

Amy Phillips-Gary said...

Love it! How was the paddle boat ride? Bet your kids liked it.

Unknown said...

All you can fit ON a box...not in a box. Love it. I just wrote my own blog about buffe/buffets. It seems they're popular subject matter.

http://tinyurl.com/lfdbvz