Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Honest S(crap)?



So I got this meme last week from my online friend, Heather, which actually works out to be good timing. Because here I am, staring at a blinking cursor wondering what I need to say to the internet world these days. I haven't got much to say other than I'm working. And being a mommy. Then working again. Then trying to squeeze in a bit of facebook fun like it's some forbidden candy or something. And then, back to work. Artisan Sunday is coming up this week, and if you follow my blog at all or know me in person, you know I'm not a planner. (See: running around like a banshee).

Anyway, this is a great diversion. Just what my readers need. A little more information about Kate. Right? Right.

Here's how the Honest Scrap Award works:

I must thank the person who gave me the award and list their blog and link it.

I must list 10 honest things about myself.

I must put a copy of The Honest Scrap Logo on my blog.

I must select at least 7 other worthy bloggers & list their links (I may not be able to accomplish this one).

I must notify the bloggers of the award and hopefully they will follow the above requirements.

So before I go into the awful truth, thank you Mrs Heather of the lovely Cool Zebras for bestowing upon me this fine award. I'm a little verklempt. *sniff*

10 HONEST THINGS
1. I have an extreme fear of heights.
2. Due to #1, I am extremely afraid of flying. Big time.
3. I love watching shows about cakes. I am amazed at the artwork that goes into pastry design.
4. I have a long list of crafts that I would love to learn if I had the time. Cake decorating being one of them (see #3). And sewing. Definitely sewing.
5. I have a fear of learning how to sew though, as I'm afraid it's the type of craft I may get completely wrapped up in and you'll find me madly sewing in the corner of the room at 2am because I just can't shut the Singer off.
6. I'm a bit obsessive compulsive and understand that now about myself (see above).
7. I miss the beach.
8. I wish I were more patient with my kids.
9. I wish most days I would just let the day take me to wherever it's going.
10. For that matter, I really wish I would just relax and let life itself lead me to where I belong.
10A. But truthfully, I think I've made some progress on this one in the past few years.

Nominees for the next 10 items of truth are:
Three Faces of Fiber Art
Peace Meal

2 comments:

Heather said...

Thanks for playing!

I sort of like heights, and yet they sort of freak me out too. I love to fly.

#8...I am with you in spades.

Alissa said...

Ah, post it to blog.

Thanks for nominating me! I'm a little short on blog fodder these days.