Wednesday, July 1, 2009

New project: sneak peek

I've been fairly busy with filling orders this week and last, which has been good for the positivity. I'm also working on new invitation designs this week which will be launching soon. Monday, I did the unbearably boring process of going through the sales report and financials and receipts the other day. Thankfully I have successfully recruited my retired mother to help me keep track of the books, who is much better at managing money than me. Trying to stay positive during the slow development period of a new business can get trying at times to say the least. But while bouncing from one project to another yesterday with my heat press loaded up, I discovered a new application for my art.

I guess I could say with certainty that photography would be my medium of choice for how I express myself artistically. However, I've always wanted to take it one step further and integrate my art into other applications. So while I've succeeded with that so far with the coasters and invitations and other paper projects, yesterday I worked on another application that I'm really excited about.


I usually don't like to post or talk about stuff that isn't finished yet, but wanted to share my new work. I still need to tweak the varnishing technique and the transfer application, but I'm really psyched about it! I'm going to start transferring select images from my library onto pieces of scrap wood. So I'm on the hunt now for scrap wood and metal for use as fixtures for hanging. If I can't find any cool metal I'll probably go with a traditional hanging fixture. I hope to have some done before the next craft show on the 19th, but I'm not going to rush it because I'd like to take my time with these.

So, now that you know what I have cooking here, what have you got cooking?

1 comment:

Alissa said...

I like this! Can't wait to see it in person.